Saturday, July 16, 2011

Traveling (part 1)

Every summer, my husband and I take at least one trip. Usually this trip happens on or around our anniversary on August. This year, in addition to that trip (which will be to Atlantic City), we are also taking a trip to Minnesota to celebrate the 60th wedding anniversary of Greg's paternal grandparents. It is an insanely long drive from Rochester, NY to St. Cloud, MN.





We did a couple of things to make this lengthy drive more enjoyable. One, we took the scenic route through upper Michigan.







Second, we stopped at a campground (Indian Lake State Park) and camped for the night. This included a beautiful campsite,




my husband having the chance to show off his fire-making skills,




time for me to read my Kindle both by the fireside and the water,




a beautiful sunset,



and campground breakfast the next morning.



We got back on the road the next morning, and followed our route through the center of Wisconsin. A word to the wise: don't try this. It was horrifying, and you should be thankful that I don't have photos to illustrate my point. We took a trip in time to the mid-70s, and saw the scariest assortment of "restaurants" and bars ever. Luckily, we made it through alive, and finally arrived in Minnesota happy and relatively unscathed.



Now to enjoy the destination!

1 comment: