Sunday, July 10, 2011

Down with air conditioning! (Literally. Turn it down already.)

Dear friends, let's take a moment and discuss air conditioning. I've often been heard to say that I hate it, and while that covers the spirit of it, it's not strictly true. There are times when I'm infinitely thankful for A/C. When I'm lying in bed and can't sleep for sweating. When I'm working out at the gym on a 90° day. When I get into my car on a hot, sunny day.

However, when it is a lovely 80°, I'm dressed for summer (and so is everyone else), and we walk indoors to find it's been air conditioned to mimic the dead of winter, not so much. Those of us who are Raynaud's sufferers especially don't appreciate it:




Let's just all agree on these simple guidelines: if you would complain about the same temperature in January, it's too cold for July. If my nose is dripping and I'm forced to layer, it's too cold for July. If you're sweating buckets and smelling bad, feel free to turn on the A/C. Otherwise...let's enjoy the warmth. It doesn't last long!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

1 comment:

  1. I'm a Raynaud's girl too. :(
    Amberly and Cami seem to get this weird syndrome in their feet during the winter.

    ReplyDelete