Thursday, July 7, 2011

Salvo Wednesday #2

After getting up at an ungodly hour to run with Lisa, my cousin's girlfriend, at 6am (yes, I said AM!), I found myself ready and out the door before I'm usually out of bed on a summer day. First stop, the Salvation Army on West Ave in Rochester. I saw the first dress hanging behind the counter immediately upon entering and pounced on it:

 
Rochester Salvo
No label, $1.50
You read that right. One dollar and fifty cents. Finds like that are what make my day!!! Next... one skirt, two colors.

Rochester Salvo
$2

Rochester Salvo
Same skirt, so basically free.

If you buy one skirt for $2, but get two because it's reversible, that's like getting a second skirt free, right??

Rochester Salvo
$2
Pockets in a skirt. That's all that needs to be said.



The second stop was in Henrietta. I need to point out that I broke one of my own cardinal rules of thrifting here - don't go back too soon. I was there in early June and thought a month was long enough for them to restock after I picked them clean of my size, but I was wrong. I didn't find a single blessed article of clothing. However, someone of my shoe size had obviously made a generous donation.

Henrietta Salvo
Newport News, $4

Henrietta Salvo
Old Navy, $2


Henrietta Salvo
George, $4

Henrietta Salvo
Mossimo, $2


Henrietta Salvo
Clarks, $1.50
This last pair was obviously the coup de grĂ¢ce (as Sarah would say), as Clarks usually go for $80 and up. They are also insanely comfortable.



So, being of weak spine and constitution, I caved and went to Goodwill again. It has been suggested by some that I keep "going back to my ex" and I'll "only hate myself in the morning"... but I ask you, could YOU have left this dress behind???

Bay Town Goodwill
$9
The back is obviously the best part.


I didn't think so.

3 comments:

  1. OK, sometimes your ex has the sugar and you just need a cup. I see that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going Hipster?

    ReplyDelete