Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer-in-a-Bottle

The Finger Lakes region is home to some of the best wineries ever, in my opinion. They make especially good rieslings (if you're into them, which I used to be when I liked sweet wines), and really great fruit wines. These are still too sweet, in my opinion, so I like to make them into spritzers by adding seltzer water to them.

The best of the bunch is the Radical Raspberry from Swedish Hills. I swear to you on my sundress collection that it tastes exactly like liquified raspberries. As this is obviously the essence of summer, I call it summer-in-a-bottle and MUST have it on hand for the first hot day of the year. Here it is, in all its glory:

If you are lucky enough to live near the Finger Lakes, go get some immediately. You can thank me later.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a little glass of heaven. Can this be purchased at local stores, or only at the winery?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, you can get it at stores near me (Century, for instance, but also a lot of the smaller ones) so I'm sure you can get it out in Wayne County too! :)

    ReplyDelete