Saturday, July 7, 2018

Salvo Wednesday: The 4th of July

As most of you know, every Wednesday during my school vacations I try to go to a Salvation Army for their Wednesday sales. In the summer, that means driving around to all the different area ones, including some in neighboring cities, but of course I still love my local Salvation Armies.

This year the 4th of July fell on a Wednesday. I wasn't sure what this meant for the family day sale, so I called to find out. I was told that in honor of the holiday, ALL tags would be half off, not just all but one. Of course I had to go! I planned to hit two of the Rochester area ones, maybe even three if I felt extra ambitious. 

I woke up bright and early and came outside to tell my husband where I was going... to find him firing up the grill and intending to make brunch. If you have never experienced my husband's grilling, I pity you. If you haven't experienced his brunch, you should. It's epic. I can't say no to it. But I can't say no to 50% off every dress in my favorite local Salvo either. It was like Sophie's choice. 

He takes forever to grill, however, so I promised to be quick and just go to one store. I made it there and back in an hour flat, and the prepared food was just hitting the grill. Perfect! Before I share my Salvo finds, here's my brunch:



Huevos rancheros! Complete with fresh salsa. Totally worth rushing the Salvo. 

I did find some good things while I was there, fortunately!



This was not one of those things. I love love love the pattern of the pink fabric, but I just could not. Early in my vintage-reselling days I would have bought this, because vintage! But I have discovered that I do not enjoy things that are too costume-y, and this definitely lands safely in that category. Not everything that Goodwill thinks is a costume really is, but this one... sigh. I hope you find a happy home, fun dress. It's just not my home.




This one is much more my style! It's sweet and flowy and the fabric has a really nice, subtle print on it. I just love it! I love the 70s!



Another 70s/early 80s dress, and I love the large paisley print! 




I now own this dress in 4 different patterns, and in 3 different sizes. I don't know what Old Navy is up to, and whether this means they're really good or really bad at sizing or what. But this is a size small, and.....




....this is a size large. Same style dress, different pattern, very different size, but they both fit. I have another large and a medium, and they all fit. I have a little extra space in the large, but it still seems really weird to me. I'm not complaining though. They're all my favorite style - fitted bodice, full skirt. Comfy, cool on a hot day, and lots of coverage to protect my legs from doggy paws.




I saw this one thrown over a high rack because it had fallen off its hanger and it took some effort to grab it (re: short) but it was worth it! Do you even SEE that pattern? I love a good nautical themed anything.


Just to make sure you can see the print. LOVE.

So a pretty small haul, but at least I still made it AND had time for brunch. And after brunch, we stlil had time to meet friends for a quick drink at the Beer Park....


Because patriotic.

The cutest.


.... and have a drink and ice cream at the Pier in Charlotte....



Pretty much my header image!



....and still had time for Greg to grill pizza and clams...



....and end the holiday in the best way I can think of.



Have I ever mentioned that I love summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment