Friday, August 3, 2012

Back to Reality Salvo Wednesday '12

"When I think something nice is going to happen I seem to fly right up on the wings of anticipation; and then the first thing I realize I drop down to earth with a thud. But really, Marilla, the flying part IS glorious as long as it lasts. . .it's like soaring through a sunset. I think it almost pays for the thud." 

"Well, maybe it does," admitted Marilla. "I'd rather walk calmly along and do without both flying and thud. But everybody has her own way of living." (Anne of Avonlea)

I wish I was a Marilla. I do. She was wiser. But I'm an Anne, through and through. And thus went this Wednesday. Last Wednesday was so epic, so amazing, that I KNEW it couldn't last. But, like Anne, I seem to fly up on wings of anticipation... and then... thud.

Translation: I went to the Irondequoit Salvo. And I. Bought. Nothing. Not one blessed thing. Nope. There was a stretchy black thing from Express that seemed promising but it couldn't make its mind up if it was a dress or a skirt and didn't fit right either way. I heaved a sigh and made my way to the city Salvo - also known as the sketchy Salvo - where, believe it or not, I did MARGINALLY better.

H&M, $6
 Black concert dress is something to be happy about. It's nice. I like it. It didn't get me giddy like every single thing last week did, but I like it.

Aeropostale, $4
 I normally don't do halter tops because they pull on my neck, but I couldn't resist the patchwork-iness of this one. Cute.

Merona, $2
Pockets. Obviously, I had to have it.

And that's all she wrote, folks. That's it. Three nice things, which is better than no nice things. I get that. But after last week... thud.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like the title of this post should be "Back to life, back to reality."

    ReplyDelete