Friday, August 31, 2012

Final Salvo Wednesday 2012

It has been over a week since my final Salvo Wednesday. A few things prevented me from posting my finds in a timely manner... some fun, like a visit from my college roommate, and some not so fun, like 2 days of meetings about APPRs and SLOs. If you don't know what those are, consider yourself lucky. All you need to know is that they are capable of making someone like me, who very clearly loves her job and her students, rethink teaching as a career.

Anyway, on my final Wednesday of the summer I headed out to Canandaigua. My husband works there, so I met him for lunch at the Canandaigua Wegmans (they have the best dining area of all the Wegmans, I swear - outdoor seating with couches!). Then I had a meeting at FLCC to start offering my theory course as a college level course, and then, finally I made it to the Salvation Army.

Only to be disappointed. I got 2 tank tops and a really scary white blouse (not pictured) to add to my collection of concert-appropriate-but-embarrassing-to-a-teenager clothing (for students who show up to concerts inappropriately dressed). 

American Eagle, $1
Gap, $1.50
And that was it. Since it was my last chance for the summer, I couldn't go out like that... so I drove to Henrietta.



Vingt-trois arrondissements, $3.50
 I don't know what this brand is - I even Googled it in the store and couldn't figure it out - but it was in French, and is made of good quality material, and is pencil-y, so it had to come home with me.

Old Navy, $3
 You can't tell in the picture, but this skirt is built of many layers of gauzy material. Add pockets to that and I was in love!

Kenar, $2
I love necklines like that, but more importantly, I LOVE that color. And it's a soft, stretchy fabric. (sorry, fabric lovers, I'm terrible at identifying fabrics and the tag was removed from this one.)

Old Navy, $3
I have only been able to find black casual skirts this summer for whatever reason, so I was happy to find this comfy tan one.

The only other thing I bought was a Banana Republic pencil skirt... WITH POCKETS... but since it was a size 0 I thought I should probably save everyone I know the trauma of seeing me in it. I texted a former student that I suspected would fit into it and she is now the proud owner of a Banana skirt. I couldn't be expected to leave it behind, now could I? I mean... pockets!

It's back to school on Tuesday... back to the kids I love and the SLOs I decidedly do NOT love... but I think the students will outweigh the SLOs. I hope. See you all next vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment