Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Salvo Wednesday - Auburn

Last Wednesday, I drove out to Auburn, NY to spend the day with my mother-in-law and her sister Beth. Beth and her son, Mattia, were visiting from Italy. We did pedis... including Mattie... had lunch, and went to the Salvo, of course. Mattie was very helpful, pointing out all the things that I wouldn't fit into ("I think... your belly is bigger than last time") and announcing that it smelled bad. I have to admit to being very impressed by how good he was at being a pest in a language that was not his native tongue. 

Despite Mattie's "help", I did find a couple of nice items.

Charlotte Russe, $3.50
 The zipper on this is a little fussy, which always frustrates me. But it's cute, so it had better be worth it.

Xhilaration, $5
 I really love the shape of this one.

Wet seal, $2
I'm really feeling all about the ruffles lately. I don't really know what that's about.

I did manage to distract Mattie for a bit by telling him that my husband had his heart set on a rocking chair, and I sent him off in search of such an item. Not only did he find it (after informing me I'm married to an old man because only old men like rocking chairs), it was in beautiful shape and for only $25!

I think Greg approves. And even if Mattie says Greg's an old man, I think he likes him (and the creepy hairless Harry.)



No comments:

Post a Comment