Thursday, July 26, 2012

Epic Salvo Wednesday '12

It had to happen sometime. I had it coming. It's what every treasure hunter dreams of... and it happened yesterday.

What you are about to see is only what I brought home after talking myself out of many other items. On any other day, I would have hesitated over those other items. I would probably have stared at myself in the mirror in them, maybe taken a picture or two and sent it off to various friends for opinions... but not yesterday. There was only room in my cart for the very best. Literally.



Now, admittedly this cart is a bit smaller than the average shopping cart, but this was only halfway through my trip. I had to stop and try things on before continuing because things were falling off the top. (I also need to point out that beautiful, beautiful Elle purse - which someone took out of my cart while I was trying on clothes, so I didn't get to buy it.) :(

I walked in yesterday, and immediately headed to my right as per usual. That's where they keep the dresses, so you can understand why. I looked to my right and there they were... and then I looked to my left, and there they were, too. The wall of dresses that was already larger than any dress section in the Rochester area had DOUBLED. I left some beautiful things behind - there are limits, even for me - so if you live near Henrietta, GET THEE TO THE SALVO.

Anyway, without further ado, here are my beautiful, beautiful finds.

American Eagle, $6
This gorgeous dress is missing a belt. I'm taking suggestions as to what color I should choose!

BCBG Max Azria, $3
I love the way the top sticks up over the waistline. (*Edit: I just found this, pre-owned, on ebay for $95!!)

Ann Taylor Loft, $8
Two tones of denim. A million tones of awesome.

Scala, $3
This skirt still had the tags on it and is made of the most unusual stretchy material - I've found it before in a workout shirt or two, but never a skirt. I am in LOVE with it. I have a feeling this is about to become my new go-to skirt. I have been wanting a new, stretchy black skirt for ages!

Nicola, $2.50
Cowl neck, flowy and pretty. Love it!

Ann Taylor, $5
This obviously came out blurry, and I am far too lazy to try again. Anyway, it's Ann Taylor and 92% silk and has little buttons on the sleeves. This is going to be brilliant with a pencil skirt and pearls!!!

Ann Taylor Loft, $2.50
More silk! More Ann Taylor! More fabulous!

H&M, $2.50
This may have been my favorite item of the day. I love the way the shirt is gathered diagonally from the not-quite-flowers on the left shoulder. Pretty pretty! Bet I'll wear this to school on the last day before Christmas, betcha betcha!

Abercrombie & Fitch, $2.50
I love tank tops of this material, and this fit. I only had one and now I have...

Express, $3
... three!!

Banana Republic, $4
Finding Banana is always my favorite.

Old Navy, $3.50
Cute little fabric flowers, cute little cardi!

Express Design Studio, $3
I love the colors on this one. Also, I think we should make it a law that all skirts and dresses should henceforth have pockets. I think we can all agree on this.

Merona, $2.50
I know I already bought one stretchy black skirt, but what if I need one that goes to my knees? What then?

BeBop, $6
Knit top, cotton bottom. I always love these dresses, and never buy them because they're either the wrong size, or have a tear, or something. Not only did I find one, I found TWO (the other was blue on top with a floral print on the bottom) and I made myself pick. Because, as I said already, there ARE limits.

Roxy, $4
I apparently am in the mood to go shorter with my dresses. This one is so beachy, I think I'll just have to wear it to the beach!

Nike (both the top and the bottom), $2.50 & $5
I don't usually take pictures of my workout clothes, but I mean. Come on. Nike times two? This outfit has to be worth around $80, maybe more. I knew all my running buddies would be jealous!

Pearl Izumi, $2.50
You can tell by this point that I was getting fatigued. I did just take a bajillion pictures. Because I'd just had the best Salvo hit of the summer, probably the best for years. I had considered going to the Irondequoit Salvo after, but clearly there was no need (and no time). 

These things happen only once in a great while. I hope this is just fate consoling me for the poor luck I've had this summer so far, and not my only good hit all summer. I'll be thankful, either way. God bless you, Henrietta Salvation Army.

1 comment:

  1. So, I was going to make a list of things I want dibs on, but it got too long and confusing. Just consider all of these outfits (except for the work out ones) licked by me. Dibs.

    ReplyDelete