Friday, July 13, 2012

Salvo Wednesday '12: #2

This week I took a short road trip out to Batavia. This was necessary for 2 reasons: 1, I never actually made it to Batavia's store last year so that needed to be remedied. Also, I just bought a brand new Kia Soul last Saturday and I couldn't wait to drive it for longer than it takes to get to church or the gym (my main destinations during the summer). I am happy to report that it was a great experience and I predict many happy years ahead with my new car. But on to the clothes!

Calvin Klein, $1.50
The material is so, so soft on this one, and my favorite thing is the slits on the sleeves. It reminds me of the episode of My Boys where PJ's boyfriend buys her a shirt with similar slits (only without the other color underneath) and she says that her shirt is broken.

Ann Taylor Loft, $1.50
A nice layering t-shirt for fall, and it's my favorite soft, stretchy kind of knit.

Don't remember, $1
 This is not for me but for my very fortunate friend Sarah.

This might be my favorite part of the Batavia Salvation Army - their very, very fancy row labels.

I also bought a bathing-suit cover up there, but you don't get to see it. There are bits of me you shall never see. However, it was Merona and $2. Let's just hope I have the opportunity to wear it!

On my way home I stopped at the Greece store. I was happier because my purchases included this:

H&M, $3
It still has the tags on it but it did NOT have the Salvo tag on it. They usually refuse to sell you items that aren't tagged, so I was very worried when I took it to an employee and explained. She just sighed and told me it had been happening a lot today (uh oh, someone's not on their game!) and to take it to the manager at the checkout and she'd take care of it. I fully expected them to charge me a high price (for the Salvo) and to assume that it was the color tag that was NOT half off - but she looked at it, and with a tone that implied clearly that she was exasperated with whomever had not tagged it but NOT with me, told me that dresses are usually $6 but we'd assume it was half off. Wheeeee!

Mossimo, $1.50
Cute, and light. I also was GIDDY over the purcase of a $3 pair of Nike running shorts - white with bright orange compression shorts underneath - not only because they were pristine and obviously unworn, but because I have a Nike top at home that I am pretty sure had to have been originally sold with this very pair of shorts. They match pefectly! 

That's it for my finds, but I wanted to share my other accomplishment this week. I obviously have a bit of a closet space problem, partly because of my thrifting addiction but also because my house was built in the 20's and houses of that era are not known for their enormous closets. There is a small closet in the spare bedroom that I have only half-heartedly used for years because the hanging shelf was so low that I couldn't fit much on it without having clothing scraping the floor. It suddenly occurred to me that if I just raised the shelf up, I could actually hang ALL of my dresses (well, MOST, anyway) in there and free up room in my bedroom closet. So, behold!

I dub thee "Dress-Up Closet"!

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I'm looking at my wardrobe of the future in these posts. I'll take the CK1 shirt, even though it's broken. And, I can't wait to wear the crap out of that little teal sweater! Thanks! You are the best at what you do.

    ReplyDelete