Monday, July 2, 2012

The Return of Salvo Wednesday!

Well, it's taken me forever to take the pictures and write about them, but I DID go Salvoing last Wednesday! For the first one of the summer, I ventured a bit further off the beaten path than I did last year. My mother and I went a bit past my hometown and visited the Salvation Army in Hornell. I did find a couple of nice things there:

J Crew, $4
 Now, I love this dress, but I was suuuuuuper annoyed that the tag was not only not on the label but on the fabric itself (a major pet peeve, as you know if you read any of last summer's blog), but through both the front and back so I couldn't try it on. They will also not sell things to you at the Salvo if they don't have a tag - they won't retag it then and there, you have to come back another day, and I certainly and decidedly was NOT planning to return to Hornell in the immediate future. So I had to take it to the cashier and ask HER to remove the tag, trembling in horror as I did so in case she doesn't know how to be gentle with those darned staples. Fortunately, the dress escaped unharmed, and it was worth it all in the end.

$1, Old Navy
Adorable, light, lovely.

Club Monaco, $2.50
 I didn't buy this one for myself, largely due to the fact that I would never be able to decide when to wear this. When it's hot? then the sleeved arm would be too hot. When it's cold? then I'd need a sweater for the bare arm. Too tricky. So instead, since this $2.50 little number is probably worth $50 even second hand, I am going to try to sell it on Ebay. I've done it once before and it was fun... now I just need someone *cough cough Sarah* to help me take good pictures.

The best part of my trip to Hornell was the brief conversation I had with a little old lady in the aisles. She offered me a gold sequined halter top, being apparently a very helpful little lady. I started to politely say, "No thanks, I'm not really -" and intended to finish the sentence, "a sequin kind of girl." But she finished it for me " - classy?" I choked on the rest of my sentence and had to move on quickly. Posted it to FB immediately, though, because the world needed to know.

On to Dansville Salvo. I usually do really well here,  but had to be satisfied with a few nice things.

$3, Old Navy
I love having cardigans in pretty much every color! It's a necessity in summer in case I go indoors. You know... where there's *shudder* air conditioning.

J Crew, $1.50
 Stretchy, non-clingy. BEADED!

Banana Republic, $3
This was my favorite item. It's Banana Republic and ANGORA! So soft, and not the creepy kind of soft.

I will leave you with one last item, purchased at Henrietta Salvo back in May at an "accidental" Salvo Wednesday. I was across the street at an eye appointment and it just called to me. I walked away with this, so no regrets here:

Maeve, $7.
POCKETS!!!

A whole summer of Salvo Wednesdays is ahead...

2 comments: