Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Salvo Wednesday: The Triumphant Return

It's been some time since I last posted, and we have a situation. There's good news, and there's bad news. On the plus side, despite the fact that I haven't been blogging about it, I have been thrifting and buying dresses. Lots of dresses. An abundance of dresses. A plethora of dresses. This is good news for me and for the friends who have benefited from the Ann-me-downs that were required to make way for the new dresses. I cleaned out about 20 dresses, easy. 

The bad news is that it wasn't enough. I tried counting during my closet switch-over, and I lost count somewhere around 120. After disposing of the aforementioned 20 dresses. And you're about to see the damage I did today. There's nowhere left for them to go. So I'm going to have to either get rid of a lot more dresses, stop buying dresses (ha!), or figure out a way to create new closet space. It's not looking good for any of those options.

Old Navy, $5.50

I have to say that I feel like $5 is kind of expensive for an Old Navy dress. It's half off, so originally the Salvation Army wanted $10.99 for this. Which seems barely less than it would have cost in the store. There were random instances of this today - a couple of $24.99 and $17.99 prices for dresses that were not high end. I hope this isn't the beginning of a trend. Regardless, I am in the market for maxi dresses, both because they're lovely and comfy and because my puppy thinks my lap is a pretty great place to spend the summer.


Ambiance Apparel, $5
One of my friends has a dress almost exactly like this and I love it. I'm so excited to have my own!


Banana Republic, $7.50
Another steep price - at least this one was slightly more expensive to begin with than an Old Navy dress. Let's be real.... it's Banana and it's houndstooth. I couldn't possibly pass it up!




Merona, $4.50
Not as long as a maxi dress, but still back-yard approved (meaning it won't be obvious if there's doggy paw prints and she can't disrobe me when she jumps on/off of me).



Mossimo, $5

I can't believe I keep buying stripes. But maxi dresses! Can't. Resist. Maxis.



Take Out, $3
This is a sweater dress, and has adorable little buttons on the shoulders that you can't really see. I have to have something to cheer me up when it's time to wear this with fleece-lined tights and boots.




Stefanel, $2.50

The material of this one is so light and soft. Looking at the Stefanel website, I can tell I bought quality here!




Express, $3
Cute, and should hopefully keep me from only wearing neutrals all school year.




Forever 21, $2.50

Sometimes you just need a plain white shirt.




Peanuts, $1.50
And sometimes, you need a shirt that proclaims your love for your dog. Because who wouldn't love these faces:





If it ever warms up around here, it's going to be a great summer with these three cuties! I can't promise my closet will survive, though.

1 comment: