Friday, July 31, 2015

Salvo Wednesday: Hidden Gem

There's a little-known Salvation Army on the west side of Rochester. Feel free to search Google Maps for it. You will fail. You might possibly get led to the Salvation Army in Gates which is the center for all their other services, not the thrift store. You might wind up in an unfamiliar part of the city. Both of these has happened to me. I even put a star on Google Maps the last time I did locate it, and it was gone this time. I've added another star. We'll see if it sticks this time.

Once you locate this store, it's usually pretty quiet. Most Salvos are crowded on Wednesdays. I often have to wait by the register for someone to finish checking out if I want a shopping cart (and I always do). Not here. There's plenty to go around and maybe only another person or two there. 

I rarely get a major hit here, but I always walk away with something nice that makes it worth hunting it out again the next year. This time was no different


Calvin Klein, $4.50
I love the way the two colors are layered.



B Smart, $4.50

I love the contrasting blue!



Sag Harbor skirt, $2
Express top, $2

Loose, comfy jean skirt for those days when I need to wear a t-shirt to school but don't want to wear jeans! The Express top is light, the top layer is transparent, and the perfect amount of flowy. My favorite.

And that was it. Four finds, but four really good finds. Worth the annual hunt for  the store. 

If you weren't aware, Volunteers of America is going out of business. There are several in our area, and one of them is about a mile from our house. I almost never find anything there, to the point where I've gone there maybe twice in the past few years despite its close proximity. However, it's having going-out-of-business sales, so I made one last stop, and was rewarded.



Banana Republic, $3.79

Banana! Way to go out on a high note, VOA!

I am a week behind at the moment, and I have quite a bag of goodies to share from this week. However, I've been a little preoccupied elsewhere.


I learned how to spin this week! Obviously, not the kind with bicycles. The other kind of spinning.



And I loved it. So much that I went right out and bought this! It's obviously not the same kind of wheel and the learning curve has been interesting, but I think it will be worth it! Cinder (the kitty in the corner) is clearly pretty excited about it, too!

This week has been perfect in Salvo activities, new hobbies, and weather. Keep it coming, summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment