Monday, July 13, 2015

Salvo Wednesday: Hit-or-Miss Greece

I never have the same experience twice when I go to the Salvo in Greece. Sometimes I find nothing. Sometimes I buy a new wardrobe. I've arrived only to discover the entire area has a power outage, and once a fire started midway through my shopping and they evacuated us. You really never know. This was my first average experience. I didn't hit the jackpot, but I found several nice things. And no fire alarms went off or anything.

Banana Republic, $3

I limited myself to one dress this week, but what a dress. Banana Republic. 100% silk. POCKETS. $3. It really doesn't get better than this! 




Ambiance Apparel, $1.50

I have only ever purchased Ambiance Apparel clothing at a Salvation Army, and I have loved every single one. The material is always soft, the fit is always flowy without being baggy... I just love them. I can't even figure out what store sells these...I can only find them on Amazon. I guess I'll just have to keep getting them here!




Express, $2

My favorite colors, a nice drape-y fit, and little buttoned roll-up sleeves. Love it!




Soft Surroundings, $2

I'd never heard of this brand before, either, but upon a quick Google search, it would seem that this went for around $70 originally. For a shirt! Maybe I spend too much time at the Salvo, but that seems crazy to me. Anyway, it is as soft as the name suggests, and I bought it with the thought in mind that this will pair really well with my fleece-lined jeggings when the time comes. *shudder* 





Forever 21, $2


Something I can wear in cooler temperatures that isn't black, gray, or white. Progress.





Faded Glory, $2

There's something wrong with the Salvation Army's pricing system when a Faded Glory shirt is the same price as one that was originally $70. Not complaining, really, because I think the "wrong" part worked in my favor. Anyway, I always need cardigans to go with my summer dresses and this will go with roughly a jillion of them.





White House Black Market, $2.50

Another shirt that originally cost closer to $100 than $50... 100% silk, 100% fabulous.





American Eagle Outfitters, $2


A comfy knit top, cute from the front...



...and even cuter in the back. 


A good experience at Greece! Which almost certainly means that next time I'll get nothing. Or maybe it will get struck by lightning? I'll let you know when I go again!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Sister! Soft Surroundings is one of my favorite catalogs. I love their nightgowns, and that's where we ordered the tops/dresses that my bridesmaids wore. I only shop their "outlet" page where I can sometimes get great deals, but none of them are as good as the deal you got on your shirt!

    ReplyDelete