Sunday, July 20, 2014

There's No Place Like Home Salvo Wednesday

I was a little short on time this Wednesday, so I decided to just go to one of my normal, local Salvos. I headed up to Greece and was not disappointed!

As always, I headed directly to the dresses upon arrival. I was there right as the store opened, so it wasn't too crowded yet and there were plenty of shopping carts to go around (not usually the case when I get there later). The dresses are currently being hung on large circular racks near the front of the store. Imagine my surprise as I found FOUR other women on the same rack as me after I started it alone. They seemed to keep expecting me to move to accommodate them as all four of them went willy-nilly around the rack. I didn't. I don't give way in the dress section. I WIN AT DRESSES.



In fact, that's what my cart looked like by the time I was done with just the dresses. Those are all dresses. I didn't buy all of them, but still. I could have. I WIN AT DRESSES.

Collection by Cherokee, $2.50

For instance, I won with this surprisingly comfortable sheath dress.


Express, $2.50
 I also won with this stretchy knit dress from Express!


Bailey Girl, $3
I won with this magenta, loose-fitting dress!


Sandra Darren, $2.50
 It's always winning when you find stuff in this shade of blue!


Top, Ambiance Apparel, $2.50
Pants, Willi Smith, $2
 I've been looking for black dress pants with a skinny or at least tapered ankle to wear with some of my more loose-fitting tops. Loose fitting tops and wide-legged bottoms seem like a bad idea to me. However, the only thing more difficult than finding loose-fitting tops instead of just-plain-big tops in unsorted racks is finding good quality dress pants in a sea of black pants that happen to have a tapered leg. I finally succeeded! 

I own one other top from Ambiance Apparel that is one of my very favorite shirts. So happy to have another!


Top, Forever 21, $1.50
Skirt, Ann Taylor Loft, $2.50
Cute top, cute skirt! More school year preparation.

As I was leaving, they wheeled out one more rack of clothes. I decided to check it out, and found this gem:

Calvin Klein, $10
Not half price and I don't even care. I WIN AT DRESSES.

Sometimes, there's no place like home for a really great Salvo hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment