Friday, August 15, 2014

Thrifting and Dress Hunting in Spain!

We just got back from two delicious, beautiful, delightful weeks in Spain. My husband's younger brother lives there and married the most wonderful Spanish woman, now my wonderful new sister.






While we were in Spain, we ate octopus and squid in its ink...




...climbed a mountain...





...visited a beautifully amazing (ahem) clothing optional beach...




...visited neighboring cities...



...located Dunkin knockoffs...

Duffin Dagel!


...made a trip to Porto, Portugal...

Vinho Verde!!!

Port wine is gross.


...made new friends...



...and, of course, I bought dresses. The first two were from a day of shopping in Oviedo with my new sister.





The second one is actually hand-sewn and hand-beaded, and was on sale for less than 20 euros!

Then I bought another in the street market in Oviedo:



As we were leaving Spain, we took a bus to Madrid and flew out from there. Madrid is a beautiful and very hot city.



90+ degrees, 15% humidity. Hot, and more importantly, home to a thrift store called Humana.



That's right, folks, I got to go thrift storing in Spain! My poor husband nearly burnt his knees taking this picture. Totally worth it.





As I was about to check out with two dresses marked 10 euros each, the cashier pointed to a sign and said "buy 3 clothings, 15 euros!" So obviously, I went back and got a third!





I need no better souvenir! If the cheap and delicious wine wasn't enough, this makes Spain a win. I imagine we'll be back. And maybe we'll visit our family while we're there. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment