Tuesday, July 8, 2014

It's finally HERE!!! Salvo Wednesday 2014 #1

I don't think I even need to tell you how excited I am that summer is here. Let's put aside the fact that I'm on summer vacation, which means a lot of relaxation and some lazy mornings (not counting the ones where I'm getting up at the crack of dawn to run with a friend before she has to go to work). Let's instead focus on the fact that this was a brutal, cold winter, and it's finally hot again. Not just warm: HOT. Hot enough for this:



 and this...




....and this...



...and thank goodness, this:



And blessedly, the return of summer means the return of Salvo Wednesdays. For my first time out, I went to Dansville Salvo.

Maurice, $5
I am always hesitant about stripes, but this is so comfy and cute. I've been told to pair it with a red cardigan, but it turns out I don't own one. Which means I'm going to start looking, and also means I'll find everything BUT a red cardigan.


Anne Klein, $3.50
 New concert dress! I decided last year that I was sick of all of my concert dresses, which left me scrambling at concert time. Not this year!

Banana Republic, $4
Comfy, stretchy, Banana.


Top - Talbots, $0.50
Skirt - Ann Taylor, $2
The top is wrinkled but will be very cute when pressed. It pains me to buy fall clothes already, but it has to happen sometime!


Kirra, $1.50
 The best part about this top (aside from the fact that it's my favorite soft, stretchy knit) is the detailing on the sleeves. It's ribbon-like and beaded!


Decree, $1.50
 Drapey and not black or gray or white! Which seems to be the only colors I can find these things in.


Awesome back!

Vicky Vaughn Junior, $3
 This dress is a vintage circa-70s dress. I'm probably going to try to sell it on Ebay as it's a bit too big for me. There's a brown trim on the side that you can't really see, and it's all held together with thick ropes. Go 70s!

Randon flapper dress, $8
More than I usually pay, but this is a really well constructed costume piece. It's got silver as the base layer, and as you can see, that fringe can really fly. And who doesn't need a flapper dress once in a while?

 The last thing that I bought was intended to be sold online, as this dress is A) a tinch too tight on me and B) selling on Neiman Marcus for $165. However, I looked on Ebay and no one is buying these dresses. I guess it's to the consignment shop for this...

Laundry by Shelli Segal, $3
Anyway, a very good beginning! I have a few weeks of Salvoing here at home, and then I'll be off to Spain for a wedding for two weeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some thrift store finds there!

No comments:

Post a Comment