Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Salvo Wednesday: Bombshell

I've been doing so well with finding vintage on my last few Salvo Wednesdays that I needed a day that was going to be a little lighter on purchases. I was also going to a pool with some friends so I needed a short drive. The Hidden City Salvo was a perfect choice!

I call it this because Google just. can't. find it. I documented this situation a couple of years ago. The star that I added to Google maps did indeed stick and worked for me last year. This year, however, Google was having trouble pulling up any of my saved locations. I have now remedied this situation by naming the star. From now on, I can say "OK Google, nagivate to the Hidden City Salvo" and it will know what I mean and take me there. This is how you know I mean business.

I rarely leave with a huge bag of items at this Salvo, but I always find something to make it worth my time. This year was no different! I started off by finding a couple of vintage items that were stained enough to not make it worth my time or effort. This helpful tag definitely made my mind up for me!



Good to know. Very nice "don't even bother" tag.

I continued through the dresses and found zilch for vintage. I mean not even one thing. I was about to pack it in and call it a day, but decided to look through the swimsuits. I've been getting more and more interested in vintage suits. It seems like a lot of people are, although they'd rather wear retro (new swimsuits in vintage styles). So I checked it out, and jackpot.



Not only is this suit in perfect condition, not only is it a beautiful simple black style with ruching and built in bra and all kinds of perfection, but it fits me. I can't even believe my luck! I am a bombshell in this!!

Of course, I took it home and washed it, and it took nearly 24 hours to dry. So I'm pretty sure I'll be wearing this at a pool party someday where I have no intention of actually getting in the water. This beauty is all for show, folks. I suddenly understand why people prefer retro versions.



This skirt is so cute - I love the buttons and the pattern! This will be finding its way into my Etsy shop in the weeks to come!


I'm definitely not listing any more 80s toys but I still love finding them! Bright Heart Raccoon (the only raccoon I don't hate) will be for sale on Sarah's Etsy Shop... someday!



And Garfield!

I did find a few things for myself!



I'm about halfway through this year's magic summer, and I have to start thinking ahead to the fall. This skirt will look great with a pair of fleece lined tights and the 70s wrap top I found last winter that's been waiting for just the right skirt!


Another adorable back yard dress! So comfy, a full enough skirt to help protect my leg from Scarlett's nails, and I don't mind too much if it gets dirty!


Thinking ahead to fall again! This is snug, warm, and has pockets! This will be getting paired with tights and boots!


Super fun and cute! It just needs pockets.

A small but worthy set of finds! I definitely was the most excited about the 50s suit! But there were other important things to do on this magic summer afternoon! It was 85 degrees, sunny, and my friend Stephanie got a new job! Sparkling rosé by a pool! Magical!



No comments:

Post a Comment