Friday, August 16, 2013

Anniversary Salvo

This Wednesday was my 8th anniversary, so you know what that means... while my husband was working, I got myself to the Salvo. I actually got a day's head start because I was in Newark on Tuesday again. My last visit had taught me to hope, so I went again, and was not disappointed.

Ann Taylor, $6

The best part here is how stretchy and soft this material is. It will be very comfortable when I am, say, sitting at a piano all day again in the very near future.

Xhilaration, $4

The best part of this one, which is hard to see in the picture, is the lime green piping around the waist. I'm gonna need some lime jewelry!

On my actual anniversary, my parents were in Rochester in the morning so my mom joined me at the Henrietta Salvo while my dad read his Kindle (his Christmas present) in the car. 

Emmelee, $5.50
 I love the neckline!

Urban Behavior, $4.50

Yup. Grecian princess, here.

Francesca's Collections, $2.50
Through my Googling of unfamiliar brand names, I found that Francesca's is a boutique that also sells Emmelee (the brand two dresses above). I think I like this boutique. I also discovered that one has opened in Eastview... might need to pay it a visit. You know, when I go to the mall again at Christmas with my choir.


$5, Criss Cross

This dress had a broken strap when I found it, but given the color combination and the pockets, I could hardly leave it behind. It took me about 2 minutes to fix. This is the second time in 2 weeks that this has happened, and I have to say, it surprises me. Because I have been known to give something away that I just don't want to dry clean, or try to take a tiny stain out of, or fix a rip that seems bothersome.  So if it's something that even I will take the trouble to fix, why did this person give it away?!? Too bad for them. Yay for me!


$4.50, Jessica Howard
This dress makes me feel like Jess from New Girl. That's what that expression is about.


$2.50, Xhiliaration
 This shirt's sleeves are broken. This may be why I like it so much. A similar shirt made an appearance in My Boys, one of my favorite summertime shows (that was cancelled a few summers ago, sniff). Plus, loose and flowy. Loving it.

$3, Banana Republic
 I don't think I ever have to say more than "Banana Republic".

$1, Banana Republic
 Like I was saying.

A&F, $3.50
I made myself buy a sweater. At least it's soft and a nice blue. But it only happens as summer is winding down that I make myself do this. Boo.

As a little bonus, my mom found this and gave it to me.


Now, this isn't exactly my usual style, but it's Man U. If my husband has anything to say about it, I'll be wearing this every day for the rest of my life.

Don't worry, I didn't just Salvo on our anniversary. My husband and I went out to The Revelry for some outstanding French Cajun food, and some equally outstanding cocktails. I give you:


and


but most importantly,


Eight years. Yup, I still like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment