Friday, September 2, 2011

Final Salvo Wednesday

Well, this is it, folks. My last Wednesday of the summer was spent in Dansville (my hometown). I always do well there, and I am surprised by it every time (I mean, after all, it's Dansville!) But, be that as it may, the Salvation Army in Dansville always does right by me. (Of course, now that I've said that, it won't next time. Jinxed myself!!)

Top, Old Navy, $1.50
Skirt, Old Navy, $2.50
The skirt still had the tags - you can tell because I'm pointing at it. 




Before I move on to the next item, I'd like to take a moment to discuss price tag placement. If any Salvation Army employee ever reads this, please, please, PLEASE, will you do us all a favor here? If you MUST staple the things on, could you please staple them to the tag instead of to the delicate fabric? I mean... it's right there. Wouldn't have taken you two seconds longer. Advice to all my fellow thrift-store friends... if your local store does this too (Salvation Army stores staple, but to my knowledge everything else in Rochester uses the plastic tags), take great care removing the price tags. Don't just yank. You will regret it. I use an old pair of tweezers and pull the ends up on the staple and then gently remove the staple. Trust me on this... you do not want a big hole in a Banana Republic shirt! Even if you did only pay $1.50 for it (half off day, remember) - to me, this makes it all the more precious.

Banana Republic, $1.50
Express top, $1.50
Old Navy jeans, $2.50
Ann Taylor skirt, $2
White House Black Market skirt, $2.50

Limited skirt, $2
Vitta Luna dress, $3

The dress was the first thing I found on entering the store - it was on the reshop rack, so thank you to whomever tried it on but didn't buy it. I'm pretty sure this is what I'm wearing to my cuzbud's wedding in a week! 

My mom joined me for this trip, and she got some stuff too (mostly clothes for my dad, I think) and she gave me a coupon for $5 off a $25 purchase. So my already-half-off purchases had another $5 knocked off! Thank you Mom!

I moved on to a very brief trip to the Henrietta Salvo just because I need new work pants and hadn't found any at the Dansville store. I found two pairs of black pants. I'm only posting a picture of one, because really you can't tell the difference in the pictures (one is for heels and one is for flats, obviously). The unpictured pair were from Old Navy and were $2.

Express, $7.50

I really broke the bank on these (SEVEN FIFTY?!?!?), but as you can see, I am helpfully pointing out the tag again. Still has all the original tags! Since the tag tells me they're originally $69, probably it wasn't so bad to pay $7.50.

Forever 21, $2.50

I'm sad to say that my beautiful summer is coming to a close, so I bought a sweater. I. Bought. A. Sweater. It had to happen. At least it's cute and not bulky. *sigh*  Dear Salvation Armies, you and I have had a beautiful summer together. I'll see you over Thanksgiving break.

No comments:

Post a Comment