Thursday, August 4, 2011

Salvo Wednesday #4

Having visited all of the Salvation Armies in the immediate Rochester area, I decided to drive out to Auburn this week. My mother-in-law lives there, so she joined me in this week's excursion (and took me to Parker's afterward, a very delicious restaurant). This week's trip was much more productive than last week's, especially when you count the turkey reuben I ate afterwards, and the delicious glass of Cupcake Red Velvet wine.

skirt, $2.50  
I actually stumbled upon this skirt just as I was leaving, and fell in love with the pattern. Adorable!

H&M sweater, $1
I can never find sweaters I like (I hate them, probably because they're not sundresses) so was very happy to find this cute one. It was waaaaayyyy too hot to be wearing this outfit even for 30 seconds, and boy, can you tell it in my expression. Watch out for this girl, folks.

Banana Republic, $3
I didn't even buy this one for me (it's destined for my cousin Colleen), but I am starting to think that was an error. I mean, LOOK at it! It's the most perfect cotton/silk blend and it has POCKETS!!! It's rather loose in some pretty important areas, though, so I'll stick with my original plan and pass it along to someone who can fill it out properly. Banana Republic is my absolute favorite label to find, so there was no chance of me leaving this beauty behind regardless.

Bitten, $3.50  

Whenever I stumble upon a piece from the Bitten (Sarah Jessica Parker, from Steve & Barry's) line, I always want to take it home with me. My heart broke a bit the day that I heard Steve & Barry's (and thus, the Bitten line) was going out of business. I have a houndstooth coat that cost me $9 and I've gotten compliments on it every time I've worn it for the last 3 years. Amazing. So I bought this, loving the color and the belt (which has matching nude stitching on it), but not crazy about the bottom part. Then I happened to spot my seam ripper, and literally less than 5 minutes later, the dress looked like this instead:


Aaahhh. Now we're talking! Please note my smug expression. I LOVE this dress now!!! Woo! God bless the seam ripper. (Also, I just checked the time stamp on the original photos, and they were only taken 4 minutes apart. It's like that ruffle WANTED to come off!!!)

Finally, after last week's post, imagine my surprise when I found this:

purse, $4

It has no outside pockets so CLEARLY doesn't meet my exacting standards. However, I love the pattern, it's got a spot for my cell phone, and it has much more room for my Kindle than my previous purse. So I think we have a temporary solution here, at least!

All in all, a much better week than last. Now excuse me... there's a glass of Red Velvet calling my name.

1 comment: